Your paediatric physiotherapist at Physio.co.uk will develop a structured rehabilitation programme so that your childs reaches their maximum potential and can continue you to enjoy their everyday activities with confidence.
Benefits of physiotherapy treatment at Physio.co.uk following your childs surgery may include:
- Reducing pain and swelling.
- Restoring and maintaining full range of movement.
- Improving muscle strength.
- Improving mobility.
- Promoting independence with transfers, i.e. getting in and out of bed, on and off the toilet and getting up and down the stairs.
- Facilitating function activities such as dressing, washing and playing with friends/family.
- Improving confidence.
- Increasing safety at home or at school.
- Preventing re-injury.
- Improving quality of life.
- Electrotherapy such as heat or ice therapy in the initial stages of recovery to reduce pain and swelling and to promote healing.
- Teaching your child to mobile with the use of assistive devices such as crutches, canes and leg braces.
- Gait retraining. Practicing walking with and without support.
- As pain begins to improve your physiotherapist will introduce exercises that are enjoyable to improve muscle strength and flexibility.
- Hand on techniques such as passive stretching and joint mobilisation to lengthen tight muscles and joint.
- Balance training.
- Hydrotherapy to improve range of movement and muscle strength and maximise mobility.
Our specialised paediatric physiotherapists at Physio.co.uk are experienced at treating babies, toddlers and children following surgery. At Physio.co.uk, your physiotherapist will help your child make significant long term improvements. And improve their independence with daily activities at home and at school/nursery.
For more information on how physiotherapy following surgery can help your child or to book an appointment please call Physio.co.uk on 0330 088 7800, or book online today!