- Dyskinesia –involuntary muscle contraction such as a tremor or dystonia
- Ataxia -gross lack of coordination of muscle movements
- Activities to facilitate normal movement using auditory and visual cues. These techniques will also help people increase their stride length during gait
- Exercises to increase your attention to the task
- Balance retaining exercise to improve postural stability and make movement more fluid
- Muscle stretching may to prevent soft tissue shortening and to increase range of movement
- Structured rehabilitation program including aerobic exercise to maintain exercise capacity and resistance exercises may improve the strength of people
- Treatment in an enriching environment with plenty of space and with novelty items to increase stimulation
- Hydrotherapy to relax stiff muscles and improve strength
The treatment program you receive at Physio.co.uk will depend on your current symptoms and needs. Our neurological physiotherapists at Physio.co.uk will improve develop short and long term goals so that you reach your maximum potential and continue with everyday activities to the best of your ability.
For more information on how physiotherapy can help your movement or to book an appointment please call 0330 088 7800.