What are the potential difficulties that can occur during labour?
There are a number of possible problems that can develop during labour. It is important to receive professional advice as early as possible and the women’s health physiotherapists at Physio.co.uk will be able to provide you with a full assessment to offer you the best physiotherapy programme to suit your needs. Potential difficulties include:
- Perineal tears
- Damage/ weakness of abdominal muscles
- Damage/ weakness of sphincter muscles
- Damage/ weakness of pelvic floor muscles
- Pelvic ligament damage
- Respiratory problems
- Damage to joints (symphysis pubis/ sacroiliac)
What physiotherapy will be involved?
Physiotherapy can help reduce these potential difficulties during labour and therefore a comprehensive programme with Physio.co.uk is a very effective way to help you return to an active and healthy lifestyle with your child. Physiotherapy can help in the following ways:
- Pain control modalities
- Pelvic floor strengthening exercises
- Transverse abdominis strengthening exercises
- Sphincter strengthening exercises
- Cardiovascular activities (swimming/ cycling)
- Range of movement exercises
- Upper limb activities
- Relaxation techniques
You may experience some difficulties during labour due to the increased stress that your body is under. Physiotherapy is an effective way to minimise these difficulties and ensure that you are able to begin an active recovery after childbirth. Physio.co.uk have experienced women’s health physiotherapists that will provide you with a personalised treatment programme to meet your goals. Please call Physio.co.uk on 0330 088 7800 to book an appointment today. You can also book an appointment online today!