- Tension headache
- Hormone headache
- Cluster headache
What causes a Headache?
There are many causes of headaches and can differ between different types of headaches. Some of the most common causes of a headache are:
- Straining eyes
- Lack of sleep
- Hormones and oral contraceptives
- Abnormalities in neck musculature
- Cervical arthritis
- Lifestyle (food, drink, alcohol, medications)
- Over exertion
How can Physiotherapy help?
Physiotherapy can help with the cause and symptoms of a headache. Physiotherapist from Physio.co.uk can help by:
- Investigating lifestyle triggers
- Assessing the shoulder and neck region for abnormalities
- Treating cervical arthritis
- Pacing activities advice
What types of Physiotherapy treatments can be expected for headaches?
The following treatments can be expected dependent upon the outcome of the initial assessment and the judgement of the experienced Physiotherapist:
- Mobilisations (neck)
- Stretching exercises
- Strengthening exercises
- Ergonomic assessment and advice
- Electrotherapy (LIPUS, PSWD, Interferential, TENS
- Self-management strategies
Headaches can affect a person’s ability to function at their normal capacity due to the symptoms. Some of the causes can be treated by an experienced Physiotherapist from Physio.co.uk. For an expert opinion please contact us or call 0330 088 7800 to arrange an appointment.