If you are suffering from a condition which causes chronic pain or fatigue, you will benefit from being taught pacing techniques.
Your physiotherapist at Physio.co.uk may incorporate pacing as a way to control both over activity and under activity. This will allow you to do the activities you enjoy more often. Pacing will:
- Improve energy and activity levels
- Reduce anxiety about exercising
- Enhance cardiovascular endurance
- Reduce pain
- Increase confidence by achieving goals related to your needs and lifestyle
- Increase motivation
- Enhance quality of life
- Working out the amount of activity, task or posture which can be managed before pain kicks in.
- Introducing daily activity which is regulated and structured.
- Activities will be tailored to you and gradually increased in intensity and duration.
- Appropriate activity goal setting which will help you achieve your maximum physical potential and increase motivation and sense of well-being.
If you would like more information or wish to book an appointment with one of our experienced physiotherapists, then please call Physio.co.uk on 0330 088 7800. Or you can also book online.