- Strengthening exercises for the trunk, upper and lower limbs and face in lying, sitting and standing
- Breaking down complex movement sequences, such as rolling in bed, into component parts to make movement smooth and efficient
- Practice with transfers and functional tasks using mental rehearsal and visual and auditory cues to initiate and maintain movement
- Muscle stretching to relieve tight muscles and maintain range of movement
- Gait training. Regular walking will also help to maintain normal exercise capacity
- Balance training
- Relaxation techniques
For more information on how physiotherapy can help your movement or to book an appointment please call 0330 088 7800.