There are many different types of childhood neurological disorders and many of them overlap. Examples of the type of childhood neurological disorders we treat at Physio.co.uk include:
Congenital disorders - occur as a result of developmental problems of the nervous system during pregnancy or birth. These may include:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chiari Malformation
- Spina Bifida
- Exposure to teratongenic agent such as alcohol or drugs. A teratogen is an agent that can disturb the development of the embryo or fetus.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Peripheral nerve Injury
- Brain tumours
- Cerebrovascular incident/ Stroke
- Infectious diseases of the central nervous system, including meningitis and encephalitis
- Spastic cerebral palsy
- Athetoid cerebral palsy
- Ataxic cerebral palsy
- Mixed cerebral palsy
- Spinal Cord Injuries related to trauma and may be complete or incomplete
- Transverse Myelitis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neural-Tube defects such as Spina Bifida
- Sacral Agenesis
Our physiotherapists also work closely with other health professionals to provide a holistic approach to your child?s physical development. This may include specialist knowledge regarding cognition, emotion and cognition.
To arrange a full paediatric neurological assessment at Physio.co.uk, please contact us on 0330 088 7800 or book an appointment online today!