What is a SaeboStretch?
A SaeboStretch is dynamic resting splint used to lengthen tight soft tissue, prevent joint damage and improve and maintain range of movement in the wrist and hand.
The wrist and hand is placed in an extended position to prevent soft tissue contractures and enhance independence with functional tasks.
At Physio.co.uk, the SaeboStretch is often used for people with spasticity or high tone in the arm or hand as a result of neurological conditions such as:
Physiotherapy using the SaeboStretch
Your physiotherapist at Physio.co.uk will initially assess and fit your SaeboStretch and then develop a progressive treatment program to incorporate it into your current rehabilitation which may include:
- Structured stretching program
- Range of movement exercises
- Practising functional activities
- Mirror therapy
- Weight bearing activities
- Proprioception activities
- Advice on when to use your SaeboStretch to supplement your treatment and maximise your recovery.
If you would like more information on a SaeboStretch or to book an appointment with us please contact Physio.co.uk today on 0330 088 7800. You can alternatively book an appointment online with us today at your convenience!