Physiotherapy treatment will maximise the success of surgery by helping to heal, stabilise, mobilise and protect the affected area.
Your physiotherapist at Physio.co.uk will also monitor your baby’s progress by setting short and long term treatment goals.
Physiotherapy will maximise your baby’s physical potential and may include:
- A program of passive stretches to increase range of movement
- Positioning to stretch out joints and prevent stiffness and help to maintain a clear chest
- Functional activities that are fun and stimulating
- Advice about splinting and orthotics
- Manual chest techniques if appropriate to maximise lung function
- Hydrotherapy to stretch and strengthen muscles
Our paediatric physiotherapists at Physio.co.uk ensure your baby makes the best possible recovery by tailoring the treatment program to their needs.
For more information on how physiotherapy for your baby, or to book an appointment please call 0330 088 7800, or book online today