- Progressive exercise program to improve muscle strength and well as cardiovascular fitness.
- Balance training
- Core stability exercises
- Gait training with or without the use of aids
- Muscle stretching and joint mobilisation to relieve pain and maintain range of movement. Pain can also inhibit muscle function, adding to weakness.
- Electrical stimulation to enhance voluntary muscle contraction which involves applying pads to the surface of the limb (thigh, for example) to deliver a low level electrical signal.
- Hydrotherapy to promote active range of motion. The natural buoyancy allows simulated weight bearing and increase muscle strength.
If you would like more information on physiotherapy, or to book an appointment please call 0330 088 7800.