Following detailed physical assessment, our physiotherapists will be able to determine if FES is appropriate for you, which unit is the most helpful and arrange a trial of the equipment. At Physio.co.uk, we offer hire of the FES unit so that you can practice applying the electrodes at home and wearing it on a daily basis as part of your normal routine.
If an effective muscle contraction is achieved and it improves your ability to walk or move your limb, FES could be a long-term treatment option to improve your overall quality of life.
At Physio.co.uk, we offer assistance with the purchase of a FES unit and a follow-up review service to objectively measure the improvement in your walking pattern or reach. Your physiotherapist will re-assess the distance, speed and quality of your walking after wearing the FES in order to effectively measure the level of your improvement.
At Physio.co.uk, we provide:
- Assessment and trial of FES units in your home or one of our clinic locations
- Short-term hire of FES units to practice using it as part of your daily routine
- Thorough teaching and instruction of how to use FES on your own
- Home exercise program to complement the use of FES
- Review session to fine tune the use of FES unit and measure your progress
- Use of outcome measures to objectively monitor your level of improvement
- Evidence based treatment sessions with large range of exercise equipment
Please use the following links to find out more information on FES:
- Functional electrical stimulation service
- What is Functional electrical stimulation
- How does Functional electrical stimulation work
- Types of Functional electrical stimulation
- Benefits of Functional electrical stimulation
- Who is suitable for Functional electrical stimulation