Physiotherapy for muscle paralysis will help stimulate motor pathways in order to restore normal movement and improve function. At Physio.co.uk, our motivated physiotherapists will maximise your physical potential and promote independence with everyday tasks. Physiotherapy treatment at Physio.co.uk for muscle paralysis will depend on which muscle/s are affected but may include:
- Muscle-re-education exercises aimed at restoring normal movement
- Exercises to recruit muscle activity in the arms, legs and trunk and improve muscle strength
- Muscle stretching to maintain muscle and tissue length and range of movement
- Functional activities based around everyday tasks such as rolling, sitting, standing, walking and climbing the stairs.
- Exercises to improve balance and coordination
- Positioning to prevent soft tissue contractures
- Regular weight bearing
- Electrical stimulation uses small amounts of electricity to activate the muscles
- Advice on mobility aids and adaptive equipment for the home
- Advice on orthotic devices
For more information on physiotherapy for muscle paralysis or to book an appointment please call 0330 088 7800.